RoboCup Junior Austrian Open 2020 Eisenstadt
RoboCup@Home Education Challenge
@ RoboCup Junior Austrian Open 2020 Eisenstadt
The RoboCup@Home Education Challenge will be conducted in a Workshop+Competition format to encourage participation also of inexperienced teams.
The workshop will include lectures on how to build and program a service robot for RoboCup@Home related tasks and how to solve the competition tasks.
- RoboCup Junior Austrian Open 2020 Eisenstadt LOC
- RoboCup@Home Education Austria RC
April 23 ~ 25, 2020
Pädagogische Hochschule Burgenland (University of Teacher Education Burgenland), Eisenstadt, Austria
RoboCup Junior Austrian Open 2020
RoboCup@Home Education is an educational initiative that promotes educational efforts to promote access to modern technologies such as computer vision, speech understanding, or machine learning and to boost RoboCup@Home participation and service robot development. The aim is to narrow the technological gap between RoboCup Junior and RoboCup Major leagues.
RoboCup@Home Education activities started 2015 with various workshops and competitions around the globe. The workshop audiences range from inexperienced high school students to freshmen in engineering programs at university level. In order to provide a soft start the competitions are blended with preparation workshops.
The hardware for the challenge is standardized.
- Robot (TurtleBot2)
- 3D/Vision Sensor (Kinect/Xtion/Astra)
- Robot Arm
Teams need to consist of 2 to 4 students lead by one mentor. The same age limits apply as for the regular participation in the RoboCup Junior Austrian Open.
April 23, 2020
- Morning - Team and Hardware Setup
- Afternoon - Speech Recognition and Synthesis, Computer Vision
April 24, 2020
- Morning - Speech Recognition and Synthesis, People Detection
- Afternoon - Navigation, Handout Challenge Tasks
April 25, 2020
- Morning - Working on Challenge Tasks and Testing
- Noon - Challenge
The fee for the participation is the same as for the regular participation in the RoboCup Junior Austrian Open 2020.
Further information about the challenge can be found here: http://www.robocupathomeedu.org/challenges/robocup-home-education-challenge-rcj-austrian-open-2020
Material for the preparation can be found here: https://www.robocupathomeedu.org/learn
Call for Participation
Teams interested in participating to the challenge should send the following information in an email with subject "RoboCup@Home Education Challenge 2020 - Team Application" to email@example.com.
- Team Name:
- Mentor's Name:
- Mentor's Email:
- Number of Team Members:
- Team Has Its Own Hardware: [Yes/No]
- A Brief Summary of Motivation and Previous Experience:
Deadline for submission: February 15, 2020.
Selected teams will be notified by February 28, 2020.
Teams will be selected based on their motivation and previous experience and diversity of schools and regions. We intend to accept up to 5 teams without own hardware and up to 3 additional teams with their own hardware.
- Gerald Steinbauer (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Johannes Kranabetter (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Christoph Wurzinger (HTL Weiz, Austria)
- Luca Iocchi (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy)
- Jeffrey Too Chuan Tan (Nankai University, China)